YOUR HOME FOR CARDINALS BASEBALL

BROADCASTING
SINCE 1947

ABC Entertainment News

Jason Momoa works a car hood like a "Whitesnake video" in 'Fast X' clowning with Vin Diesel

ABC

Muscle car met muscle when a shirtless Jason Momoa goofed around with Vin Diesel on the set of the in-production Fast X.

"Jason, what are you doing on this car?" Diesel asks his co-star in the selfie-style video, as a shades-wearing Momoa attempts to seductively slide around on the car's hood.

"I'm trying to do the new Whitesnake video!" he jokes, referencing the late Tawny Kitaen's famous gyrating atop Jaguars in the video to the band's 1987 hit "Here I Go Again."

Vin and Jason, who play enemies in the upcoming film, were apparently blowing off steam before shooting a big action scene in the tenth Fast film. "I feel amazing!" Momoa said, jumping off the vehicle and enthusing, "I finally got a Fast car!"

This is gonna be a good one," Diesel told his nearly 80 million Instagram followers.

"Gonna be a great one!" Momoa corrects him.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.


Sarah Jessica Parker says she hasn't spoken to onscreen love interest Chris Noth since sexual assault allegations

RCF/MEGA/GC Images

In a Hollywood Reporter interview alongside her husband and Plaza Suite on Broadway co-star Matthew Broderick, Sarah Jessica Parker made a revelation about her relationship with Chris Noth -- or rather, their current lack of one.

Noth played Mr. Big, SJP's love interest, and eventual husband, on Sex and the City and its follow-up, And Just Like That..., but the actor was booted from the series after a pair of women accused him last year of sexual assault. Noth denied the allegations but, although Mr. Big was scripted to die in the SATC sequel series, producers canceled shooting a planned follow-up appearance with his character.

In fact, Parker tells the trade she hasn't even spoken to Noth since the accusations were leveled against him. "No," she answered when asked if she's been in touch.

"I don't even know if I'm ready to talk about it," she said of the accusations. The also told The Hollywood Reporter "I wasn't reacting as a producer" when she and her co-stars/co-producers made a public statement in December of last year about the allegations.

Parker, along with Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon, co-signed a statement that read, "We are deeply saddened to hear the allegations against Chris Noth. We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences. We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it."

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.


With 'Bachelor In Paradise' replacing 'Dancing with the Stars' this fall, "we've got to really do a good job," says Wells Adams

Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images

Goodbye ballroom -- hello Bachelors and Bachelorettes.  ABC confirmed Tuesday that this fall, as Dancing with the Stars moves to Disney+, Bachelor In Paradise will be taking over its time slots, airing on both Monday and Tuesday nights.

Bachelorette season 12 contestant-turned-Bachelor In Paradise mainstay Wells Adams will be returning for the new season, and on the Disney Upfronts red carpet in New York City, he discussed the scheduling change with ABC Audio.

"We've always done two nights on Paradise. I guess [it's] a little bit more pressure, that we've got to really do a good job, make a good TV show," he laughs. "But I'm just excited that's coming back. It's such a fun show to film. Yeah, it's always a blast to watch back, so I'm just glad we're going back to Paradise."

Jesse Palmer will host the new season, with Adams returning as the bartender.  However, he feels he's really there not so much to mix margaritas, but to lend an ear to the contestants as they pour out their relationship woes.

"Yeah, I'm a bad bartender. I'm a good therapist. I think that's my role there," he laughs.

Adams isn't using Bachelor In Paradise to look for love for himself, of course: He's engaged to former Modern Family star Sarah Hyland, and the two are currently trying to plan their wedding, after it was derailed by the pandemic.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.


'The Wonder Years' star reacts to Fred Savage's exit: "There's no such thing as bad publicity"

Saycon Sengbloh second from left; Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images

ABC's reboot of the classic late '80s-early '90s sitcom The Wonder Years was renewed for a second season, a week after executive producer and director Fred Savage, star of the original Wonder Years, was dismissed following allegations of inappropriate conduct.  But at least one of the show's stars isn't worried about that taking the focus off all the good things about the Peabody Award-nominated show.

Saycon Sengbloh, who plays the mother of the show's main character, Dean Williams -- a 12-year-old boy growing up in the late '60s in Montgomery, Alabama -- told ABC Audio that the behind-the-scenes news isn't a bad thing for The Wonder Years.

"You know, news is news. The show is going to be good no matter what happens," she said. "And people just have to tune in. And honestly, there's no such thing as bad publicity."

"Whatever puts people's eyes on the show and makes them come to check it out...I'm welcoming more and more viewers, welcoming more people to come and fall in love with us and to enjoy the family show, enjoy the shenanigans," she adds. "People just need to come and check it out!"

The new season of The Wonder Years doesn't have a premiere date yet; instead of returning this fall, it'll premiere mid-season. An ABC exec told Variety that moving The Wonder Years to mid-season has nothing to do with Savage's exit.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.


'Celebrity Jeopardy' coming to ABC this fall, and more

Loki was the most-watched Marvel series on Disney+ to date, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige revealed during Disney's upfronts on Tuesday, coming in ahead of WandaVision and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Feige called Loki a "bold swing" and said the "wild ride paid off." He added that as the first Marvel series on Disney+ to get a second season, production on the sophomore run will start in the next few weeks with star Tom Hiddleston returning, along with season-one cast members Owen Wilson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Sophia Di Martino, Wunmi Mosaku and Richard E. Grant. Marvel is owned by Disney, parent company of ABC News...

ABC announced on Tuesday that it's picked up Celebrity Jeopardy! an all-new game show, airing this fall. The new series welcomes celebrity contestants to compete for a chance to win money for a charity of their choice. A host or potential celebrity contestants have yet to be named. Mayim Bialik emceed Jeopardy! National College Championship over five non-consecutive nights in February and has been sharing hosting duties of the syndicated version of Jeopardy! with Ken Jennings...

ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! will make his sixth trip to host Jimmy Kimmel's his old stomping ground, Brooklyn, New York, marking its first time broadcasting in the borough since 2019 -- before the COVID-19 pandemic put such trips on hold, according to Variety. Kimmel mostly grew up in Las Vegas, but he and his family originally hail from Brooklyn, where he was born and lived until he was 9. Airdates and guests for the "Brooklyn Week" shows for Jimmy Kimmel Live! have yet to be announced...

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.


Jimmy Kimmel tests positive for COVID-19, again

ABC/Jeff Lipsky

Jimmy Kimmel has tested positive for COVID-19, again,

Taking to Twitter Tuesday night, the late night talk show host announced, "I’m such a positive person, I tested positive AGAIN."

"I am feeling fine," he continued, adding that John Mulaney and Andy Samberg will step in to carry out his hosting duties on Jimmy Kimmel Live!

This is the second time Kimmel has tested positive for COVID-19 this month. Back on May 2, the funnyman quipped, "Our daughter brought us covid (even though we specifically asked her not to)."

"All feeling fine, I am double vaxxed and boosted but the show must not go on," he wrote.

Kimmel was to emcee a portion of Disney's Upfront presentation in New York City Tuesday, but because of the positive test, he delivered his traditionally R-rated takedown of the company's network competition -- along with a friendly roast of ABC's own programming -- remotely.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.


Disney+ drops first 'She-Hulk: Attorney at Law' trailer; Kevin Feige teases 'Secret Invasion', with Samuel L. Jackson

Marvel Studios

The first trailer for Marvel's new Disney+ series She-Hulk: Attorney at Law dropped on Tuesday, following Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige's reveal of it at Disney's upfront presentation in New York City.

The nine-episode comedy series follows Jennifer Walters -- played by former Orphan Black Emmy-winner Tatiana Maslany -- as she navigates the complicated life of a single, 30-something attorney who specializes in superhuman-oriented legal cases, and also happens to be a green 6-foot-7-inch super-powered hulk.

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law also features Mark Ruffalo, reprising his Smart Hulk role from Avengers: Endgame, who attempts to educate his attorney cousin on managing her new powers, although she'd rather be "a normal, anonymous lawyer."

In the trailer, when a friend tells her, "You could be an Avenger," Walters quips, "Oh, I'm not a superhero. That is for billionaires and narcissists -- and adult orphans, for some reason."

Feige also announced that Secret Invasion would be yet another MCU Disney+ small-screen series, and introduced to the crowd Samuel L. Jackson, who will be reprising his role as Nick Fury, to help promote it.

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law premieres August 17 on Disney+.

Marvel is owned by Disney, parent company of ABC News.

(Trailer contains uncensored profanity.)

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.


Hugh Bonneville, Elizabeth McGovern talk 'Downton Abbey: A New Era'

Ben Blackall/Focus Features

Downton Abbey: A New Era hits theaters this weekend, which means the beloved characters fans have come to love and loathe from the TV series are back, only this time on the big screen.

Hugh Bonneville, who stars in the film, tells ABC Audio that a return to Downton was a return to normalcy and that filming it last year during a renewed COVID-19 lockdown made him appreciate this world, and his job, in a new way.

"I never took the show for granted anyway, but I really did look at it afresh," he shares. "I felt deep gratitude every day we went into work that we were working on something that was important to ourselves, but also important to so many people around the world and that we knew would bring them pleasure when we finally got it out there."

Elizabeth McGovern, who also stars in the movie, is excited for people to watch it in a theater, even though she knows it's been tough for a lot of people to get back out into the world.

"I kind of have to force myself in a way, but I think it's important to do because I think we need to get life back," she explains. "I think that the isolation is creating more problems than it's solving. And it's a human need to experience things in groups and talk about it."

"And this business of all of us sitting at home watching screens really has got to stop for that kind of general mental health," McGovern adds. "So even if you don't want to, buy a ticket, go, guys, go. And it will feel good. It will." 

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.


Ryan Gosling to star as 'The Fall Guy' in upcoming film

Shannon Finney/Getty Images

Ryan Gosling has found his next leading role. 

The Canada native is set to star in the film adaptation of The Fall Guy, based on the TV series that ran for five seasons on ABC from 1981 to 1986. The show starred Lee Majors, Heather Thomas and Douglas Barr as stunt performers in Hollywood who also worked as bounty hunters.

Ryan will play the main character, Colt Seavers, who uses his skills as a stunt man to take down criminals. The Fall Guy will film in Sydney, Australia, with funding coming partially from the federal and state governments. 

The actor is currently filming another major role as Ken in the upcoming Barbie movie starring opposite Margot Robbie. It's set to debut on July 21. 

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.


Harrison Ford, Helen Mirren join '1932' cast

Arturo Holmes/Ian Gavan, Getty Images

The Yellowstone prequel series is welcoming two Hollywood legends to its cast. 

Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren are set to star in 1932, the prequel to the critically acclaimed Western series Yellowstone, according to The Hollywood ReporterThe new show will follow the Dutton family in the 21st century as they battle pandemics and the Great Depression. 

1932 will debut on Paramount+ in December. It follows 1883, the most recent prequel that chronicled the Duttons' treacherous journey through the West to find the land in Montana that ultimately became Yellowstone Ranch. 

Ford and Mirren join fellow Hollywood royalty Sam Elliot and Kevin Costner, who starred in 1883 and Yellowstone, respectively. Yellowstone was created by Taylor Sheridan and John Linson

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.


Chris Hemsworth, Miles Teller team up in trailer for 'Spiderhead'

Courtesy of Netflix

Miles Teller and Chris Hemsworth enter a mind-altering world in the first trailer for sci-fi thriller Spiderhead.  

Teller portrays the character of Jeff, one of the inmates at Spiderhead, a futuristic penitentiary where Hemsworth's character, Steve Abnesti, is running scientific experiments on prisoners who volunteer to be guinea pigs for emotion-altering drugs. 

The trailer for the film depicts some of the wild reactions the inmates have to the drugs, including hallucinations, convulsions and violence. "This place can really mess with your head," Teller's character says. 

"Our work will save lives," Hemsworth's character can be heard saying over a series of action shots. "We're making the world a better place." 

The film also stars Jurnee Smollett and is based on the short story Escape From Spiderhead by George Saunders

Spiderhead premieres on Netflix on June 17. 

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.


Amber Heard says her role in the 'Aquaman' sequel has been cut down due to defamation trial

JIM WATSON/POOL/AFP via Getty Images

Amber Heard says that the ongoing defamation trial with ex-husband Johnny Depp is now impacting her professional life. 

In Heard's latest testimony in court, she claims that her role in the upcoming Aquaman sequel, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, has been significantly cut down as a result of the trial. Heard was in the early stages of scheduling filming for the sequel when Depp sued her in 2019. His defamation suit was filed in response to an op-ed she wrote for the Washington Post in December 2018 speaking out about the alleged domestic abuse she experienced. 

Heard stars as Mera in the Aquaman series, the love interest to Jason Momoa's titular character. The actress says that "communications" with Warner Brothers, the studio producing the film, virtually "stopped" once news of the divorce broke. 

“I was given a script and then given new versions of the script that had taken away scenes that had action in it, that depicted my character and another character, without giving any spoiler aways, two characters fighting with one another, and they basically took a bunch out of my role,” she explains in court, according to Variety. “They just removed a bunch out.”

Heard and Depp's trial began on April 11 in Fairfax County, Virginia. Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom is slated to hit theaters in March 2023.  

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.


Drew Barrymore's advice to her younger self: "Be on the high road"

Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for Variety

Drew Barrymore has found a peaceful balance in life. 

Looking back on her younger years, Drew says she lived a "wild, rebellious and fun" youth, and was open about her struggles with addiction, so much so she entered rehab at the age of 13 and was admitted to a psychiatric hospital for six months. She was emancipated from her parents a year later.

Despite the troubles she faced, the actress has found a sense of tranquility in life that she knows her younger self couldn't understand at the time. 

"I like trying to tell myself to please react with grace. Be on the high road. Don't flip out about everything. Find calm, find peace," she shares with People about her advice for her past self, adding that she "wouldn't have listened" to those wise words as a teen. 

"Those are things I wish I could've told myself when I was a kid, but I would've never thought those things were possible, nor did I really want them at that time," she expresses. "Now I want them." 

The Golden Globe award winner's talk show, The Drew Barrymore Show, has been renewed for season three. It will air on CBS later this year.  

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.


'Rust' producer hopes they will complete film despite tragic death of cinematographer

Patrick T. FALLON/AFP

Despite the tragic shooting that occurred on set, the producer behind Rust is hopeful that they'll be able to finish the film. 

Last year while filming the Western near Sante Fe, New Mexico, star Alec Baldwin was using a revolver as a prop gun when it accidentally discharged a fatal live round that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza. Production has been suspended since the tragic incident occurred on October 21. The case is currently under investigation by the Sante Fe County Sheriff's Office.  

Rust is obviously a horrific tragedy. The investigation will hopefully be resolved soon and will unveil what happened," Rust producer Anjul Nigam tells The Hollywood Reporter"Obviously, there will be people out there who will have negative perspectives, but we’re confident about continuing to make quality movies.”

Anjul adds that he hopes that after the investigation is complete, they'll be able to resume filming. 

“We’re confident we’ll be able to complete the movie,” he says, adding in a clarifying statement, “My statement that I was confident the film could be completed was just my optimism, and not an actual plan. Many of those who were involved hope to honor Halyna by completing her last work, but at this point it is just hope.”

Anjul and Alec are working on another project together, financing False Awakening, a horror film by Ben Tomson under a rebrand of their production company, Persona Entertainment. 

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.


'Schitt's Creek' star Sarah Levy expecting first child with husband Graham Outerbridge

Rich Fury/Getty Images

Schitt's Creek star Sarah Levy is going to be a mom.

Taking to Instagram on Monday, the 35-year-old actress announced the news with a photo of herself wearing striped shorts, a half-unbuttoned linen top and a fedora while cradling her growing baby bump. 

"We’ll take all the salt & vinegar chips and the hottest hot sauce you have, thx," she captioned the snapshot

This is the first child for Levy and her husband, Graham Outerbridge. The two tied the knot in October 2021, which the actress celebrated in a sweet post captioned, "Bells are ringing 10.16.2021."

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.


Will the St. Louis Cardinals make the playoffs this year?